Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Woman in Black

So we get to see the young Potter in action chasing ghosts around instead of lil golden Quidditch balls. The trailer gave the impression that this was a scarey movie. I will tell you there were points that will absolutely make you jump. The problem is that most of these points were generally because of a loud noise and not because of something popping on the screen. It happens, just not that often.

One thing this movie has going for it is the DP did an amazing job. The movie was shot extremely well, like....rrrreally well! So many shots had me thinking how well it was framed.

The story was some thing I had problems with. Really it wasn't the stories fault but it was just very, very slow at the beginning. I purposely looked at the timer when I felt it pick up and it was well into an hour (95 minute movie) from the start. The second part of the movie is much better than the first. So if you can make it through the first hour the pay off is there. I didn't exactly expect the ending to go the way it did but it kind of made some sense. I felt like there was a few ending points to the movie. I just looked up the box office and it was $127,730,736. My guess is a lot of Potter fans ran out to see it. Not a movie to avoid but not one to run out to get to be scared by either.

Entertainment - 5/10
Visuals - 8/10
Story - 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment