Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Wolverine

I really want to like these movies. Growing up The Wolverine was my favorite X-men character. If I ever wanted a power it was always to have what he had. Schnick-schnick!! The Origins movie was all that bad. The Deadpool fight at the end was fun to watch and the same with all the other characters we find and all knew of. This movie is a bit different. Takes place in the future after the 3 X-men movies. He has been in hiding and has been dreaming of Jean Grey and of killing her with his blades. It does some callbacks to his life during World War 2 where he saves a young Japanese soldier.

The story was decent but not great. They billed this as the Wolverine movie we all wanted only I didn't get wowed or pushed away. I honestly don't know what they should be doing with his character at this point other than just stop making movie and to deal with another character. Maybe Gambet? That could be an interesting movie. The story basically brings you on a small bumpy ride over to Japan where he loses his healing powers and has to fight off Viper and to save the day.

Visually I found it lacking. I think because they went crazy in the first one with lots of explosions and the final scene, they got scared and cut way back? There are no big massive sets in this movie that I can recall. The last scene as “big” as it was wasn't anywhere near the final scene in the previous movie. I honestly don't know what to say visually on this movie. It was like all other X-men movies only on a much smaller scale.

It was a fun watch. It didn't ruin 2 hours of my life and it didn't change my life. I enjoyed it for what is was….another movie where The Wolverine complains about helping someone but grows a heart then saves the day.

Entertainment - 6/10
Visuals - 5/10
Story - 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment