Saturday, August 24, 2013

Man of Steel

So I went into this movie thinking OK, just don't mess this up. I had no want or desire to see this movie. Months before it was released they were showing small trailers that really did nothing for me. As the release date began to get closer the trailers got longer and started to look better. It got to the point where I thought why not?

The movie looked amazing! The old Superman movies are so outdated because of this reboot it's just not fair. The world of Krypton was crazy beautiful. The ships, the creatures, the landscape, everything was amazingly rendered. I think the over all shooting of the movie was shot great as well. I don't think the movie got any credit for the look of the film and why would it? No comic book movie will ever win any Oscars or best movie awards. I have now seen this movie 2 times and The Avengers 2 times. If I were to choose my favorite it'd be this movie, The Man of Steel. I went into in not expecting anything and within minutes I was wondering what the 2nd movie would be like. Which we now know will have Ben Affleck as Batman, hope it works out! I'm a big time Affleck fan.

The story is very similar to the original movies. I am not a comic book reader so I can not say which is the one that follows the comic the best but the new one follows the same familiar arc but the goes off-roading here and there. Does it hurt the story? No, I don't think so but it was awkward to watch. Not in a bad way. It's like you are use to having your eggs sunny side up then they give you scrabbled......why? huh? OK fine it's still eggs.

Totally worth watching and I think it's a fun ride. it was one of the most noisey, loudest movies I have ever sat through. There is almost non stop action from nearly the beginning of the movie. So if you enjoy action, camera movement, visuals then this is a watch.

Entertainment - 8/10
Visuals - 10/10
Story - 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment